Gamma-Epsilon Colony at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Seeks Live-In Advisor
The Gamma Epsilon Colony of Tau Kappa Epsilon fraternity at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, NY is seeking a mature individual to be a Live-in Advisor for 15 members of the fraternity. The Live-in Advisor cannot be an undergraduate at Rensselaer.
The Live-in Advisor will reside in a private room in an apartment building in downtown Troy, NY with members of the fraternity. The duties include overseeing the activities of the fraternity members and assisting in their living accommodations.
The duties will take from 5-10 hours per week during the school year while classes are on-going. The Live-in Advisor will report to the Board of Directors for Gamma Epsilon and will work directly with the Chapter Advisor. Compensation will include free room for the period of June 1, 2017 – May 31, 2018.
Interested individuals should contact Steve Perry at 518-423-2645 or email@example.com.
Below is a detailed job description:
The Live-in Advisor will act as a communication link between the residents and the Gamma-Epsilon’s Alumni Board of Trustees. He/she will assist in the development and enhancement of a positive living experience for the members of the fraternity in the residence.
With an understanding and an appreciation for the concept of fraternity self-governance, the Live-in Advisor should oversee the operation of the facility with student leaders and where applicable, support the cultivation of the intellectual and personal development of the residents.
- - Demonstrate an understanding of the vision, values, and mission statement of the Tau Kappa Epsilon and Gamma Epsilon Colony.
- - Encourage the development of the culture of the house as a place for scholarship, leadership, and self-discovery.
- - Work with the alumni and undergraduate leadership to encourage the development of appropriate social behavior and actions that are respectful of the individual, the chapter, the fraternity and sorority system, and the Rensselaer community.
- - Being a participant in open communication with fraternity members, Chapter Advisor, members of the Alumni Board, Tau Kappa Epsilon national representatives, and the Office of Greek Living at Rensselaer.
- - Respecting and demonstrating discretion about private fraternity matters.
- - Assist in the management and operation of the residence by assisting the housing corporation and chapter officers.
- - Promote compliance with the policies, rules and regulations with regard to hazing, alcohol, fire safety, and general conduct, procedures, and agreements, as stated and implied by Rensselaer, Tau Kappa Epsilon and the State of New York.
- - Contribute approximately five to ten hours per week to chapter activities. Provide monthly reports to the Chapter Advisor and Board of Trustees.
- - Monitor incidents occurring at the resident facility and report to the Chapter Advisor and Board of Trustees.
- - Notify all residents each semester of all safety and emergency procedures and regulations.
- - Communicate when necessary with the Alumni Board, chapter officers, and the University about the status of the facility in terms of local, state, and federal codes for health and safety.
- - Have knowledge of maintenance and repair issues of the resident facility and a commitment to follow up with the Landlord and Chapter Advisor. Be available for inspections by local agencies and Rensselaer.
- - When invited, participate in resident meal gatherings or other events.
- Any additional responsibilities as assigned by the Board of Trustees.
- The Live-in Advisor will take direction from the Chapter Advisor, as the representative of the Board of Trustees.